LANDBANK Scholarship – Philippines students have several decisions in paying their education fees, like receiving money after applying for student scholarship. These types of scholarships are normally secure as they aim at assisting students to fund their education fees and purchasing learning materials. Student scholarships also vary in different countries, with strict laws concerning financial and renegotiating funds. A student can either receive a private or federal financial support when fit for a scholarship.
Eligibility on these scholarships can be determined for multiple reasons like the student’s financial requirement. The article below consists of information about one of popular scholarships in Philippines: the LANDBANK Scholarship.
What is a LANDBANK Scholarship?
The LANDBANK Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program is an education-to-employment program designed to help the needy but worthy students specializing in agriculture and fishery fields. Its goals are to promote new and modern agricultural skills, reduce poverty, and provide sustainable development by providing quality training.
Overview of LANDBANK Scholarship
The financial assistance in this education-to-employment program is funded by about 8,000 LANDBANK employees from charitable contributions in their earnings. This contribution normally happens yearly on the last working days, giving earnings worth an hour’s salary. The LANDBANK also receives equal amounts of the total funds from education programs that allow it to support 110 scholars yearly.
This scholarship program is usually open to agriculture students registered in the 17 partner public universities and colleges. Besides providing educational funds, the LANDBANK scholarship contains an education to employment program, provides internship opportunities for the beneficiaries preparing for graduation, and safeguards agriculture-related jobs for scholars after their learning period.
After prosperous program completion, students normally take part in a 10-week placement program consisting of three weeks of seminars, lectures, personality, and professional growth activities.
READ ALSO: CHED Scholarship
Eligibility Criteria of LANDBANK Scholarship
For anyone to be qualified to apply for this scholarship program, he/she should attain the following qualifications:
- The applicant should be a Filipino citizen, with a recognized repayment capability, and should be of legal age.
- If the principal applicant is 60 years old or more without a recognized repayment capability, a co-applicant is therefore required.
- The applicant should have undergone preliminary screening measures of partner colleges and universities, submitted required documents, and undergone preliminary interviews.
- The applicant should be a permanent occupant or have lived in that area of residence for a minimum period of 2 years, plus should have a good and recognized credit standing history.
- Must be a student undertaking either BS fisheries, BS agriculture, or any associated agriculture course.
- Should at least come from a family that receives a yearly total income that does not go beyond PHP 150,000.00 as detailed in their Income Tax Return.
- The applicant should not be a beneficiary of other financial assistance, scholarships, or grants from other sources like foundations and government scholarships.
- The applicant can also be dependent on the active cooperative members in small fishers and farmers that are currently being supported by LANDBANK or LCDFI,or of Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries (ARBs) and Agrarian Reform Communities (ARCs).
Value of LANDBANK Scholarship
Below are the scholarship program incentives under LANDBANK Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program:
• 100% subsidy for tuition fees
• Monthly stipend
• Book allowance
• Research grant/thesis funding
• Licensure review and examination subsidy
• Financial award for honor students from Php 30,000 to Php 50,000 cash incentive
• 10-week Education-to-Employment (E2E):
– 3 weeks capacity building at the LANDBANK Head Office
– 7 weeks field internship
– Assisting the scholars in securing employment in LANDBANK or partner institutions
How to apply for LANDBANK Scholarship
Students who excelled in their entrance tests or are enrolled currently in any of the 17 partner institutions and are pursuing agriculture-related courses can submit their application form plus their required documents to the particular student affairs office in the institution before the application deadline.
Student Documentary Requirements
A guardian, parent, co-applicant, or benefactor should include the following in the application form:
• A properly completed scholarship form.
• Medical certificate
• Photocopy of recent ITR of parents or BIR certificate of tax exemption
• A copy of an enterprise certification in a self-employed person.
• 2 copy of valid National Identification Card.
• A copy of certified grades attained in the previous learning semesters.
• A copy of the enrollment form of an institution is attached with a valid student’s school Identification Card.
This program is beneficial to the country’s agriculture growth, as many people who undertake this scholarship get specialized in matters related to agriculture. Many people can complete and further their studies through these scholarship with fewer challenges in paying their learning fees.
Get latest update on LANDBANK Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program from official website through this link: https://www.landbank.com/csr-programs/gawad-patnubay-scholarship-program