Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) 2022 – Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract brilliant minds from around the world to pursue postgraduate studies in Malaysia. This scholarship is parallel with Malaysia’s aspiration to emerge as one of the global centres of academic excellence by attracting, motivating and retaining talented human capital from abroad.
Interested international graduates with outstanding academic and co-curricular backgrounds are welcome to apply for this scholarship to further their studies in leading Malaysian universities and higher education institutions with the opportunity to enjoy Malaysian hospitality and a world-class higher education experience.
The call for application for the academic year 2022/2023 will be opened from 15th May 2022 until 15th June 2022
BENEFITS OF MIS
- This scholarship is limited to tuition fees and monthly living allowance of RM 1,500.00 per month.
- Successful applicants are expected to independently arrange their travel to Malaysia (non-financial provisions). Travel expenses will not be provided by the Government of Malaysia.
- All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses in Malaysia
AREAS OF STUDY
Applicants are welcome to apply for any accredited courses with priorities given to courses under the following areas of study:
2. Arts and Humanities
3. Social Sciences, Journalism and Information
4. Business, Administration and Law
5. Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics
6. Information and Communication Technologies
7. Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction
8. Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries and Veterinary
9. Health and Welfare *not including medicine, nursing and pharmacy
WHO CAN APPLY
Graduates from the recipient countries of MIS 2022 who:
1. intend to pursue full-time postgraduate studies (Masters/PhD) in Malaysia; or
2. are currently pursuing full-time postgraduate studies in Malaysian public universities and selected private higher educational institutions.
*please refer to the List of Universities below to view universities and institutions included under MIS
RECIPIENT COUNTRIES OF MIS 2022
High potential and excellent graduates from the following countries are welcome to apply for MIS:
3. Antigua and Barbuda
10. Brunei Darussalam
15. Cook Islands
27. Hong Kong
47. New Zealand
53. Papua New Guinea
57. Saint Lucia
59. Saudi Arabia
62. Sierra Leone
64. Solomon Islands
65. South Africa
66. South Korea
67. Sri Lanka
68. St Kitts and Nevis
69. St Vincent and the Grenadines
75. Trinidad and Tobago
81. United Arab Emirates
82. United Kingdom
HOW TO APPLY
- Application for MIS can be accessed on our online application system via the link >https://biasiswa.mohe.gov.my/INTER/index.php
- Applicants will have to provide all the necessary information and have the compulsory documents listed below scanned and saved in PDF format and later uploaded to the online application system:
i. Application Form;
ii. A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality (with minimum validity of 6 months);
iii. A certified copy of Academic Transcript(s):
a. Transcripts of undergraduate studies (additional of Master’s degree transcript for PhD applicants)
b. Reflect the record of all the courses taken throughout the previous study programme(s)
c. Must be submitted together with a certified official document issued by the applicant’s alma mater describing the institution’s grade system if the applicant’s transcript does not include information on CGPA, marks or score percentile.
iv. A certified copy of English Proficiency test result (IELTS / TOEFL);
v. Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees;
vi. Endorsement Form;
vii. Admission letter from Malaysian university/higher education institute (if applicable);
viii. Curriculum Vitae; and
ix. Research Proposal
*the documents are to be scanned and saved in PDF format before being uploaded to the online application system
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for their applications to considered further:
- Is not more than 40 and 45 years old at the time of application for Master and PhD levels respectively
- Possessing good academic qualifications:
i. Masters applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / 2nd Class Upper (Honours) or higher at Bachelor’s Degree level;
ii. PhD applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / excellent results at Masters level in course related to the intended study program
- Mastering good proficiency of English Language:
i. Obtaining band 6.0 or higher in IELTS; or
ii. Obtaining a total score of 550 or higher in TOEFL paper-based test (PBT); or
iii. Has obtained previous degree(s) with English used as the medium of instructions (evidence is a prerequisite).
- Submitting a written research proposal with minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the intended field of studies.
LEVEL OF STUDY
1. Master’s degree
2. Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree
*Full-time study only
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES
1. Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
2. Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
3. Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
4. Universiti Malaya (UM)
5. Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
6. Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
7. Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
8. Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
9. Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
10. Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
11. Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
12. Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
13. Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
14. Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
15. Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
16. Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
17. Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
18. Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
19. Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
20. Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
21. Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
22. Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
23. Multimedia University (MMU)
24. International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
1. Outstanding academic achievement.
2. The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being.
3. Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English Language.
TERMS AND CONDITION
1. Scholars must undertake full-time study for postgraduate programs at the selected universities and higher education institutes. It is the responsibility of the scholars to confirm their admission to the university.
2. Scholars must not change their study program during the tenure of the scholarship except with written permission from the university and the Ministry of Higher Education.
3. Scholars must fulfill the requirements of the study program and abide by Malaysia’s laws and the university’s rules, regulations and codes of conduct.
4. Any suspension from the university will result in the scholar’s immediate suspension of the scholarship. Monthly allowances are not payable during the suspension.
5. It is the responsibility of the successful candidates to apply and meet the requirements for the issuing of an appropriate entry visa including a medical examination. The offer of the scholarship does not guarantee the granting of a visa. Further information and application details are available at https://visa.educationmalaysia.gov.my.
6. Scholars must maintain satisfactory academic progress and good standing throughout the study duration as stipulated by their host university, failure of which will result in the scholarship being withdrawn.
7. The scholarships are tenable in Malaysian universities and higher education institutes and research must be carried out in Malaysia.
8. Scholars are not allowed to take any paid employment during their tenure unless with written approval from the host university.
For further enquiries regarding MIS, please contact:
Ministry of Higher Education
Level 2, No 2, Tower 2,
Jalan P5/6, Precinct 5,
Phone: +603-8888 1616 (Hotline) / +603-8870 6368
(9.00 am – 4.30 pm Malaysia time / Monday – Friday)
E-mail: [email protected]
For any technical assistance regarding MIS application form, please submit an e-mail with screenshot to: [email protected]