US STOCKS-Futures lower after latest Dow, S&P records
* Macy’s, Cisco earnings due
* BB&T to get Susquehanna Banchshares for $2.5 bln
* Wholesale stock data due
* Futures off: Dow 58 pts, S&P 7.25 pts, Nasdaq 12.25 pts
By Chuck Mikolajczak
NEW YORK, Nov 12 (Reuters) – UNITED STATE stock index futures werelower on Wednesday, putting significant indexes on track to retreatafter the Dow and also S&P 500 shut at record highs for a fifthconsecutive day.
* Financial firms will certainly be in concentration after globalregulators fined five major bankings, including UBS (NYSEArca: FBGX – information), HSBC and Citigroup (NYSE: C – news), $3.4 billion for falling short to stoptheir traders from attempting to control the foreign exchangemarket.
* Tuesday’s record close for the S&P 500 marked its 40th newclosing high for the year, versus 45 in 2013. The last time theindex closed at a document high in 5 straight days was in May2013, with the next longest streak being an 8-day run in June1997. The Dow is on a 6-day winning streak, its lengthiest run ofgains because June.
* The S&P 500 has rallied greater than 9.5 percent from asix-month low in October, buoyed by encouraging financial information andsolid business incomes reports. For the year up until now, the indexis up 10.4 percent.
* As revenues period wanes, Thomson Reuters datathrough Tuesday morning showed that of 449 companies in the S&P 500 to state profits, 74.6 percent beat expectations, abovethe 63 percent beat rate considering that 1994 and 67 percent for the pastfour quarters. Profits on the whole are expected to grow 10 percentover the year-ago period.
* In a light day for financial data, wholesale supply datafor September is due at 10 a.m. (1400 GMT). Assumptions callfor a 0.2 percent rise versus the 0.7 percent boost in theprior month.
* European shares landeded on Wednesday, with HSBC losing groundafter the great by international regulators.
* Japanese stocks scaled seven-year highs, while Asianshares outside Japan dipped slightly, amidst assumptions thatPrime Priest Shinzo Abe will certainly postpone a prepared sales tax obligation hiketo stay away from ruining a breakable financial recuperation.
* S&P 500 e-minis were down 7.25 points, or 0.36 percent, with 122,831 agreements altering hands.
* Nasdaq 100 e-minis were down 12.25 factors, or 0.29 percent, in quantity of 21,020 contracts.
* Dow e-minis were down 58 factors, or 0.33 percent, with 20,895 contracts transforming hands. (Reporting by Chuck Mikolajczak Editing by W Simon)
- Stocks & & Offerings
- UNITED STATE Information