DAAD Scholarships 2022 info – Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) For International Student Studying In Germany 2023/2024. Application of DAAD Scholarship for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) are now open.
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
General Information about the Programme
- Postgraduate courses for young professionals from developing countries
- Internationally recognised Master’s and PhD degree
- Duration: 12-24 months for Master (depending on the particular institution) and 36 months for PhD
- Includes German Universities and “Fachhochschulen” (Universities of Applied Sciences)
- Support of selected programmes with a variety of scholarships (including German language courses)
- Funded by the BMZ (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development), but admission also open to self-financed participants or students financed through government or other sources
- Academic year 2023/2024
Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience the following countries:
List of eligible developing countries 2022 according to the Development Assistance Committee = DAC of the OECD supported in the programme “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses”
The last academic degree (usually a Bachelor’s degree) should have been completed no longer than six years previously
At least two years’ relevant professional experience
Language skills – Depending on chosen study programme; please check scholarship brochure or the website of your chosen study programme.
What can be funded?
Individual scholarships exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany that are listed on the “List of all Postgraduate courses with application deadlines 2023/24”.
Read also: The Requirements of DAAD Scholarship to Study in Germany
Duration of the funding
12 to 36 months (dependent on study programme)
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
1. Apply directly to the respective course of study.
2. Check the course application dates for each course as well as the required documentation.
Required documents (in the following order):
- DAAD scholarship application form
- Hand-signed CV (please use the europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/)
- Hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation) maximum 2 pages
- Academic letter/s of recommendation (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date
- Professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date)
- Confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and -if possible- a guarantee of reemployment upon your return home
Proof of language abilities:
a) English – TOEFL or IELTS (Note: We only accept an academic TOEFL)
b) German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available
(certified*) copies of awarded academic degrees (certified translation if necessary)
(certified*) copies of academic transcripts (certified translation if necessary)
Please check with the requirements of the according University whether certified copies are required.
Please note that the University you are applying for may require additional documents. Please check with the website of the according postgraduate course.
Depending on chosen study programme; please check scholarship brochure below or the website of your chosen study programme.
DAAD SCHOLARSHIP – EPOS OFFICIAL LINK HERE