DOLE-TUPAD Emergency Employment Program – Ways to Apply for DOLE Emergency Unemployment for Informal Workers or those that are TUPAD
The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) has developed several programs to help those that have been affected by the COVID 19 pandemic. There is financial assistance to help workers that are out of work due to the community quarantines.
Workers that have been employed in informal sections can get some earnings while they are in lockdown. There is information on how a worker can apply for the Dole Emergency Employment Fund.
What is the DOLE TUPAD Program?
This is help for disadvantaged and displaced workers. It is an assistance program that is community based. It will help those that are temporarily unemployed from informal sectors due to the pandemic and the quarantine that people are in.
Informal workers include:
- The underemployed or the paekstra eskstra lang workers
- Those in seasonal employment
- The self-employed
- Displaced marginalized workers
- Those that work outside of the quarantine region that cannot get to work
Types of Emergency Unemployment offered by TUPAD
Informal workers are designed to:
- Improve the maintenance and keep public locations up to code
- Remove debris
- Remove clogs in the canals
- Remove debris
- Stockpile items and keep things clear
This includes the rehabilitation or repair of certain structures:
- Farming roads
- Public harvest areas
- Public markers
- Fishing ports
- Display centers
- Planting trees
- Planting seeds
Benefits under the TUPAD programs?
The benefits will last up to 30 days depending on the job as issued under the “Barangay Ko, Bahay Ko! Disinfecting and/or Sanitation Project,” or #BKBK.
- Duration of employment is 10 to 30 days
- There are 20 to 50 hours of work
- Pay per day is between 100 and 150
- Other items:
- Enrolled in micro insurance for the safety
- Personal Protective Equipment provided for the work
Computations of TUPAD benefit
Displaced workers get two weeks of service:
The minimum wage for the NCR multiplied by the 14 days if the pay rate
P527 X 14 = P7,518
This is aside from the other benefits. The workers may be able to use their skills and training on projects
Informal workers that qualify including:
- Jeepney drivers
- PUV divers
- Drivers that work for a ride sharing app
- Owners of Carinderia
- Workers that are independent contractors
- Senior citizens that are still employed
Note: Voter registration is not a requirement to participate in this program. Those that are getting financial assistance from LGUs can still apply for this program as long as their benefits will not exceed P8,000. There will be some limits on benefits.
Those that are not eligible for TUPAD Program
Applicants that do not qualify are those:
- Those that are working under the COVID-19 Adjustment Measures Program (CAMP) program
- Those that are in the Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation (AICS) program
- Farmers that have gotten payments from the Department of Agriculture
- People below the age of 17
Processing the DOLE-TUPAD Application
There are people that that are qualified to process this application. They include:
- Government officials
- Barangay capitals
Requirements for DOLE-TUPAD Program
Certain documents need to be submit to to the nearest LGUs:
- TUPAD working program
- A letter of intent is needed
- List of beneficiaries
- An agreement between DOLE and Barangay
- A contract of services
How to apply for DOLE-TUPAD
- The worker needs to go to Barangay Hall or the Public Employment Office and ask to be listed under TUPD. A person should work with a group representative.
- If the local agency is not familiar with the process they can apply by sending an email to the Dole office.
- They need to disinfect their homes and surroundings.
- They will need to finish the task with proof of completion.
How to get TUPAD Cash Benefits
The payments will be given to those that:
- have been stated to be TUPAD beneficiaries that will be payments through the Palawan Express.
- they will get 50% by the 5th workday and the rest of the amount will be given over a 10 day duration. There may be some variations to those that have been employed for a longer period of time.
- the area where the emittance centers are located. This includes where the LGUs are and the areas where the DOLE can release the payments.
If more information is needed be sure to reach out to the DOLE website. They can also be reached on a hotline by calling 1349.
Gusto ko po makasali sa tupad kase kelangan na kelangan ko po bat ganun dito samen pinipili lang. Sa ibang brgy ppunta ka SA brgy para mag palista samen dito pili Lang ang binibigyan . Ayaw mag bigay pero feeling ko lahat ng kamag anak nila meron nakaklungkot