DOST Foreign Graduate Scholarship – Calling all Philippines students! The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) is now accepting applications for their Foreign Graduate Scholarship. This is a great opportunity for those interested in pursuing graduate studies abroad in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). Don’t miss out on this chance to further your education and advance your career.
The program aims to:
Develop a pool of high quality human resources in science and engineering who will contribute to the country’s global competitiveness and economic development;
Provide opportunities to talented and deserving students to study and obtain MS and PhD degrees in science and engineering in reputable institutions abroad; and
Upgrade the country’s research and technological innovation capabilities in the area of advanced sciences and emerging technologies.
PRIORITY FIELDS OF STUDY
Biomechanics and Rehabilitation Engineering
Climate Change and Health
Disaster (Health) Risk Financing
Disaster (Health) Risk Management
Disaster Medicine/Emergency Medicine
Environment and Health
Health Risk Communication
Health Science Communication
Health Technology Assessment
Intelligent Health Care Systems/Digital Health/eHealth
Marine Science (and Management)
Molecular Biology / Biotechnology
Natural Products Chemistry
Nuclear Science and Engineering
Physics-High energy physics
Space Science and Engineering
Space Technology and Application
A scholar must enroll in a foreign university with good track record and/or a recognized higher education/research institution in the specialized field in S&T to be pursued.
1. School Fees – Actual tuition and other school fees based on Statement of Account or Official Receipt.
2. Book Allowance – For prescribed textbooks and essential school supplies to be released as outright grant.
3. Thesis/Dissertation Allowance.
4. Transportation Allowance – Restricted international one round trip economy fare (start and end of the scholarship period only).
5. Pre- Departure Expenses (one time only).
6. Monthly Stipend/Living Allowance.
7. Relocation Allowance.
8. Health/Accident Insurance.
The scholars, immediately upon completion of their scholarship program, shall return to the Philippines to render service physically on full-time basis in their sending institution, preferably along their fields of specialization for a period equivalent to twice the length of time or a fraction thereof that they enjoyed the MS/PhD scholarships.
Any service rendered before the completion of the scholarship grant shall not be counted/considered part of the service obligation.
The qualified applicants will pursue MS or PhD Program on a full-time basis for a maximum period of 24 or 36 months, respectively;
No lateral entrant shall be considered;
The Scholar must not avail or enjoy any other scholarships;
The scholar must make a full-time commitment to the scholarship and not engage in any form of employment during the period.
Non-completion of degree or failure to render service, preferably in his/her sending institution, may be a ground for refund in full the total financial assistance received with 12% interest to the DOST-SEI; and the salaries and other remunerations, if there is any, to his/her sending institution.
CRITERIA OF ELIGIBILITY
The scholarship shall be open to all Filipino citizens who are in their first five years of their research career (measured from the date when the applicant obtained his/her baccalaureate degree) and meet the eligibility requirements.
An applicant must
1. be a Filipino citizen;
2. not be more than 50 years old at the time of application;
3. be in good health condition;
4. pass the admission requirements for graduate studies in a foreign university with good track record;
5. pass the interview and other screening procedures; and
6. align the research interest with the areas/programs identified under the DOST’s Harmonized National Research and Development Agenda (HNRDA).
Note: An Applicant who has already started his/her studies abroad prior to application can no longer apply.
- Application Form
- Birth Certificate (Photocopy)
- Certified True Copy of the Official Transcript of Record
- Endorsement from the two former professors in college (For MS applicant) or two from professors in the MS Program for applicant pursuing a PhD program
- If employed:
-Recommendation from Head of Agency
-Permission to take a leave of absence (LOA) while on scholarship
- Medical Certificate as to health status and fitness to study from a licensed physician with his/her PRC license number indicated
- Valid NBI Clearance
- Letter of Admission to the foreign university
- Program of Study
- Budgetary Requirements (with supporting document for bases of rates used)
- Re-entry Plan, narrative
WHERE TO SUBMIT
Science & Technology Scholarship Divison
SCIENCE EDUCATION INSTITUTE
Department of Science and Technology
2nd Level Science Heritage Building
DOST Compound, Bicutan, Taguig City
Phone Nos.: 8837-2071 loc. 2382
Mobile No.: 0927-886-8816
Email: [email protected]
Download the forms here:
An applicant goes through the following selection procedure:
First Level Screening:
Documentary evaluation of the form and other requirements
Second Level Screening:
Evaluation of research topic and re-entry plan by concerned DOST Council
Third Level Screening (As needed):
Interview by a panel to be created by the SEI Director with representatives coming from the DOST Councils and other relevant DOST agencies
DATES TO REMEMBER
|January to July Intake||August to December Intake|
|Deadline for Filing of Applications||September 15 of the previous year||April 15|
|Panel Interview (as needed)||October||May|
|Announcement of Results||November||June|
I would like to be part of the SEI scholarship