Red Dead Redemption is a western epic, set in the early 20th century, when legal and chaotic territories began to give way to the growing expansion of government and the expansion of the industrial age. The story of former exclusive, John Marston, Red Dead Redemption takes players on a fascinating adventure across the American border.
You see, Red Dead Redemption is a bit of a win. It’s a video game, a great west, and further proof that Rockstar is not the pioneer of the open-world game, but the masterpiece of a thousand blood-soaked countries. In development at the Rockstar studio in San Diego under the supervision of the creative intellectual authors of “Grand Theft Auto”
RED DEAD REDEMPTION GAME FUNCTIONALITY
- Target Dead Eye mechanics, allowing the player to slow down time for shooting accuracy
- Extensive open-world game set in recent years of the American Wild West.
- Huge NPC-filled game area, consisting of 3 distinct regions made up of cities and walks filled with different characters.
- A moral system based on honor and fame that generates the actions of the players throughout the game.
- Mini games on a western theme including demos, games, hunting rewards, cattle grazing, and a five-finger steak
- RDR also works surprisingly well as a direct action game. Marston is a gunner by profession, and his general mission is to kill an old comrade that the dead government wants.
- The various adventures, treasure hunters, soldiers, warriors, and various variations you face are not the smartest enemies, but they can use cover and move when needed, and the game’s overall action helps to challenge you with large numbers feel fast, action packed.
RED DEAD REDEMPTION REVIEWS
If you are buying this than you already know it’s awesome. And if you don’t know, but loved all the GTA games AND find yourself moderately intrigued by the western era, this game will really excite you! Rockstar knocked this one out of the park, and the fans have been begging for more ever since! John Marston is an iconic character, and as a woman I thoroughly enjoyed playing as him.
This is my second playthrough with Marsden. It’s just as gory, graphic, and unsettling as the first time. If you want the closest thing to an “open world” of the Wild West you’re gonna find, this game is a hit. I would not recommend for anyone below an “R” rating, FYI. It’s pretty graphic and really pulls the player into the experience of “being” a gunslinger in the Wild West.
One of the best games ever made. I have loved this game since it first came out and I love it to this day. I love the fact that the Xbox One has backwards compatibility and that is why I made this purchase. I have noticed that since it became available for backwards compatibility, many retailers have jacked the price back up to $20 or more, but here on Amazon I was able to get it slightly cheaper.
If you love shooters, westerns, story-driven games filled with adventure, you have probably played and loved this game already, but on the off chance that somehow you missed it, you need to play it soon as the sequel has recently been announced and you are going to get addicted to this series. I will be pre-ordering Red Dead Redemption 2 as soon as I can.