CHED Scholarship Program (CSP) remains to be one of the most sought-after scholarship programs for incoming college students. The major goal for this scholarship is to offer financial aid to college students enrolled or planning to enroll in authorized colleges, universities, or even Higher Education Institutions.
CHED has remained to be one of the most competitive scholarships offered to students having it based on merit for all applicants. Notably, the Full Merit and Half Merit scholarships are open to students. Here is all you need to know about the CHED Scholarship 2023.
Benefits of CHED Scholarship 2023
CHED Scholarship 2023 has a mandate to promote both relevant as well as high-quality education that will yield to highly competent graduates in their area of profession. The scholarship will offer financial assistance to cover tuition, other school fees as well as a stipend.
For the Private HEIs, a total of PHP 120,000 is offered for the annual period of a Full PESFA, including PhP 40,000 for the TOSF, PhP 70,000 for the stipend, and PhP 10,000 for book and connectivity allowance. The amount is halved in each offering when it comes to the annual Half PESFA, with each of the amount of the annual scholarship halved for the semestral periods.
On the other hand, SUCs/LUC receive a total of PhP 80,000 on the annual Full SSP divided into PhP 70,000 for the stipend, PhP 10,000 for book and connectivity allowance, and a free TOSF. The Half SSP annual amount is PhP 40,000 divided into PhP 35,000 for the stipend, PhP 5,000 for book and connectivity allowance, and a free TOSF. All semestral period amounts are divided as half of the annual Full SSP or annual Half SSP.
|Will be announce soon||–|
Also Read: CHED Scholarship Priority Courses
CHED Scholarship 2023 Financial Assistance
Stipends received by candidates covers the tuition fees and other school fees (TOSF) including funds that will be paid directly to candidates or via Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) every semester in an academic year till the end of the degree program. Below is the overall stipend for CHED 2023 scholars:
B. State Universities and Colleges (SUCs)/ Local Universities and Colleges (LUCs)
Eligibility Criteria of CHED Scholarship 2023
To apply for the CHED Scholarship 2023, an applicant must be a Filipino Citizen who is either a graduating high school student or a high school graduate. The students also must have a General Weighted Average (GWA) of 96% or above for FSSP and FPESFA. A GWA of 93% but not more than 95% is required for half SSP and half PESFA. Additionally, a combined annual gross income for the guardian/parent(s) which exceeds not PhP 400,000 is necessitated. If the annual gross income for guardian/parent(s) surpasses the limit stated, applicants should produce a written certification and/or medical findings of illness of family member or school certifications of two or more dependent enrolled in college, University, or Higher Education Institution. Finally, the applicant must avail of only a single government-funded financial assistance program.
Priority Courses for CHED Scholarship 2023
There are tons of CHED priority courses where the qualified CHED Scholarship 2022/2023 beneficiaries shall be directed to enroll. You can get detailed information about the priority courses for CHED Scholarship 2023 in the CHED Memorandum Order No. 10 series of 2021. There, you will get information about the rationale, allocation of priority programs, list of priority programs, career guidance, the repealing and separability clauses, and effectivity.
Application Requirements for CHED Scholarship 2023
The application requirements for the CHED Scholarship 2023 are divided into citizenship, academic, and financial requirements. Applicants must produce a certified original copy of their birth certificate alongside a certified original copy of the High School report card for eligible incoming freshmen. Original copies of grades for grade 11 and the first semester of grade 12 must be produced for the graduating high school students. A certificate of excellent moral character from the last school attended is required of the student.
The financial obligations for the CHED Scholarship 2023 include any one of the following documents:
- Children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and seafarers must present the most recent copy of their contract or evidence of income.
- A tax exemption certificate from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
- The parents’ or guardians’ most recent income tax return (ITR),
- A case study from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), or an affidavit of no income
- Certificate of Indigency from their Barangay
Application Procedure for CHED Scholarship 2023
Follow the steps outlined below to apply for the CHED Scholarship 2023.
- To begin, the student must obtain a copy of the ‘CHED StuFAPs application form’ from the CHED offices or download it from the CHED website. Application for the CHED Scholarship in 2021.
- Fill out the application form and send it to the CHED Regional Offices, together with all of the needed paperwork and all of the documentary requirements.
- Following the evaluation process, CHED will call or mail you personally to inform you of the status of your application.
- The completed CHED StuFAPS Application (StuFAPs Form 1) should be sent directly to the CHED Regional Office by the applicants.
- Applicants who wish to enroll in State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) can submit their StuFAPs Form 1 directly to the SUCs in question.
CHED Scholarship 2023-2024 Online Application
- National Capital Region (NCR) (https://stufap-application.chedncr.com)
- Region 1 (stufaps.chedro1.com/application)
- Region 2 (https://stufaps.chedregion2.com/)
- Region 3 (https://chedro3.ched.gov.ph/chedro3stufap/)
- Region 4 (https://www.chedcalabarzon.com/csp)
- Region 5 (chedro5stufap.com)
- Region 6 (https://chedro6.com/)
- Region 7 (chedro7.com/csp)
- Region 8 (https://www.chedro8stufap.com/)
- Region 9 (https://www.chedro9.com/)
- Region 10 (https://bit.ly/CHEDCSPRegionX)
- Cordillera Administrative Region (chedcar.com/chedcar_csp)
- Region 11 / Region XI (stufaps.chedroxi.com)
- Region 12 (bit.ly/CHED12CSPApplication2021)
- CAR – http://chedcar.com/chedcar_csp
- CHED CARAGA Region (https://csp.chedcaraga.ph/register)
- CHED MIMAROPA – https://bit.ly/3i6V5eC
- BARMM (Link to follow)
For further clarifications, you may reach CHED from below contact details
- Office of Student Development and Services at 3/F HEDC Building, CP Garcia Avenue, Quezon City with Tel No.: (02) 988-0001 and E-mail: [email protected].
- You may also email them at [email protected] or call at (02) 441-1260.