Part-time Study CHED-SIKAP Grant – Call for application for the Part-time Study Scholarships Staff and for Instructors Knowledge Advancement Program (SIKAP) Grant.
Pursuant to Commission en Banc Resolution no. 602-2021 which approves the part-time study for the Staff and for Instructors’ Knowledge Advancement Program (SIKAP) Grant. CHED Regional Offices are directed to open and accept applications for part-time study under the SIKAP Grant.
This is in accordance with the Commission’s commitment to provide educational support to faculty and personnel of higher education institutions (HEIs) who wish to pursue advanced studies and contribute in the enhancement of quality tertiary education instruction and delivery.
Interested faculty and HEI personnel who wish to apply for the Part-time Study SIKAP Grant must be currently employed in an HEI duly recognized by CHED with any of the following employment status:
1. Faculty or HEI personnel who are tenured or with plantilla item including those on temporary appointment;
2. Full-time Contractual or Contract of Service teaching or non-teaching personnel;
3. Part-time Faculty
The details of the eligibility and application requirements and scholarship privileges are indicated in the Annexes below.
Annex A. Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a Filipino citizen;
- Must hold any of the following employment status as certified by the Head of the Human Resource Office or its equivalent and recommended by the HEl President or its equivalent:
a. Full-time Faculty or HEl Personnel with plantilla/tenured items with minimum performance rating of “Very Satisfactory” or its equivalent in the past three (3) years of continuous service to the sending higher education institution (SHEI) at
the time of application;
b. Full-time Faculty or HEI Personnel with temporary or probationary appointments with minimum performance rating of “Very Satisfactory” or its equivalent for at least one (1) year in the SHEI;
c. Contractual or Contract of Service HEI Personnel with Full-Time Equivalent Teaching Load / Work Load with existing contract with the SHEI at the time of the application and have continuously served the SHEI as full-time contractual/contract of service employee in the past 2 years with a minimum performance rating of “Very Satisfactory” or its equivalent at the time of application; or
d. Part-time Contractual or Contract of Service Faculty with an existing contract with the SHEI at the time of the application and have continuously served the SHEI as full-time/part-time faculty for 3 cumulative academic years (AY) with a minimum performance rating/Student Evaluation of Teachers (SET) of “Very Satisfactory” or equivalent.
- Must be admitted or will enroll in graduate degree programs identified in eligible programs from designated Delivering Higher Education Institutions, which are:
a. Autonomous/Deregulated Institutions;
b. State Universities and Colleges (SUC) designated as Level Ill and above;
c. Center of Excellence (COE) or Center of Development (COD);
d. A program accredited as or whose equivalent undergraduate program is a
accredited as Program Level ill or above; or
e. Mindanao State University (MSU) and its constituent units or the University of the Philippines (UP) and its constituent units.
- For applicants who are qualified under No. 2, letters a, b, and c, the proposed thesis/dissertation is aligned with the research and development agenda of either the SHEI and/or DHEl as attested by the HEI President or its equivalent;
- Must secure a permit to study from the SHEl President or its equivalent and duly endorsed by the Faculty and Staff Development Committee or its equivalent;
- Must be physically fit and mentally prepared to undertake and complete graduate work as supported by a medical certificate; and
- For Full-time Faculty or HEI Personnel with Plantilla/Tenured/Regular items, age must not be more than 50 years old to allow the applicant sufficient time to render and complete return service obligation after obtaining her/his graduate degree and impart her/his acquired degree to the higher education sector.
Annex B. Application Requirements
- Application Form*
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)*
- Certificate of Employment with Years of Service**
- Certificate of Eligibility and Undertaking**
- SHEI Endorsement signed by the President or its equivalent
- Certification to Undertake Study/Permit to Study issued by the SHEI**
- Certification from the SHEI/DHEI that the proposed thesis/dissertation is aligned with the research and development agenda of either the SHEI and/or DHEl as attested by the HEl President or its equivalent**;
- Certification of Performance Rating**
a. For Full-Time Faculty or HEl personnel with plantilla / tenured items, for the past three (3) years
b. For Full-Time Faculty or HEI personnel with temporary or probationary items, for the past one (1) year
c. For Full-Time Contractual or Contract of Service Faculty or HEl personnel, for the past two (2) years
d. For Part-Time Contractual or Contract of Service Faculty, for the a cumulative three (3) academic years
- Status of study and study plan**
- Recommendation Forms (Former Professor, Peer and Immediate Supervisor)*
- Birth Certificate or Passport (Proof of Citizenship)
- Medical Certificate*
- Proof of Admission to the DHEl or eligible program
- Transcript of Records (for every undergraduate and graduate/post-graduate degree attained)
- Draft Re-entry Action Plan**
- Copy of Valid Government ID
- Supporting documents for the provided details in the CV and Application Form (e.g. Certificate of clearance from previous grants, proof of trainings attended, published works or research presented)
- Copy of actual thesis/dissertation within the term of completion of the degree program (for those applying for additional incentive)
*To be accomplished through the Online Portal
**Using CHED Template
Annex C. Scholarship Privileges
Step 1: Check the eligibility criteria
Step 2: Accomplish the online application form
Step 3: Upload scanned copies of the required documents through the portal
Step 4: Submit complete scholarship package to the DHEI
Applicants may submit their application at https://bit.ly/part-time-ched-sikap starting 11 October 2021.
The deadline for accepting applications is on 31 October 2021
For your inquiries, kindly email your CHED Regional Office or at [email protected]
Paano po kapag Contract of service at non-teaching personnel pero Mag two two years palang po sa institution, want ko po mag apply to support my master thesis, yun nalang po kase kulang ko to finish my master degree. Sana po na notice niyo ito at ma replyan kung pwede po ba ako o hindi. Thank you so much po.
Hi Ma’am/ Sir I am Arlyn E. Hermocilla, from Balangay7 poblacion Quezon Bukidnon, currently a 3rd year student who did’not take the midterm exam because of Financial problem, because iam a student from private school near in our community, so that I really really need to be part of this CHED- grant in order to finish my studies, hope you use me. Thank you
I hope na mapili niyo po ako sa scholar na ito dahil ito lang po talaga ang nagugustuhan ko at kailangana ko talaga na makaavail ng scholar dahil wala pong gumastos sa akin lalo na sa tution fee at iba pang babayaran.Gusto ko po talagang makapagtapos ng pag aaral at makatulong sa aking pamila dahil talagan mahiraplang po kami.Sana po mapili niyo po ako.
#Thank you and God bless every one.